Ramblings of a 30 something, navigating her way through this crazy world.

Monday, March 29, 2010

It's been a while...

So...I know I haven't posted in a while...but no one really reads this, so...I guess I'm apologizing to no one!



Here's my vent/frustration for today.



I have an interview on Wednesday and thought it would be nice to get a new outfit, and at the least a new item of clothing for the interview. I have literally gone to about 15 stores tonight, not really in search of anything in particular, but just looking to see if something spoke to me. I'm currently going through FPU at church, so I didn't want to just go buy something that I'll only wear once, but something that I would get a lot of use out of. I digress...shocking! So, I look and look and look and NOTHING!!!! Not even at Macy's, which was shocking! Here's what I don't understand about designers...Do they think that all overweight people are:



A - Giants?!?!? Seriously, everything that I tried on or looked at was way out of proportion for my body. I found a few cute dresses/cardigans/shrugs, but they swallowed me! I don't understand why they don't have petite cut plus-size clothing.



B - Plus-size people can be stylish!! I am NOT over fifty, I do NOT want to wear a mu mu(sp?) and no, I don't think that all plus-size clothing should have a tropical flower theme! There are ways to take was it current and fashionable for "normal" size people, and make it work for plus-size people. Times like this are when I really wish I could sew!



C - This rant is a little late coming, but it still ticks me off! I went to Beech Mtn this January and I could NOT find a plus-size coat. Seriously, do they think that fat people don't get cold!?!? I'm one of the most cold-natured people I know.



Okay...I will gladly step off of my soap box now! Ending on a happy note, I did find a great purse and a nice pair of black pants.





Hopefully, I won't be so long posting!



Happy Monday to all of blog land!



Whassy

No comments:

Post a Comment