Ramblings of a 30 something, navigating her way through this crazy world.

Monday, April 11, 2011

So...here's the thing...

Over the past 4 1/2 years, I have been making my way in Corporate America. When I moved over to the "dark side," I was overly ambitious and confident about what my place should be within the company. I was a young professional with the desire and drive to make it to the top, wherever that might be. I started looking at MBA programs all around, and decided on the local satellite campus for the USC MBA program. Luckily, this is one time my laziness and procrastinating tendencies came in handy. I kept pushing the application back, which would make me miss deadlines, so I would be starting later and later on my masters. I believe now that my gut/conscience, whatever you want to call it, was letting me know that getting my MBA was not the path I should be going down.


After about 3 years of steadily praying, seeking guidance, and wracking my brain for what is ahead for me in my career, I finally feel like there is a clear understanding. Over the last 6 months, I had this little whisper in my head about moving away to the lower part of the state. My church has a ministry program/cooperation with community leaders in Allendale and I have felt a tugging on my heart to at least look in to ways that I could be of help in that area. I have a very tender heart...ask anyone that knows me. I can't tell the story about my dad being a year behind my mom in school because he had no shoes, without tears flooding my eyes. Though my heart might be tender...over the last 6 years of my life, I have had to deal with some difficult things...difficult enough to not want to share it with the entire world wide web! Not that I am ashamed of those things, not at all. Those situations made me stronger, more grounded in my faith and the belief that God has a hand in the plan for my life.


I know this is all vague and cryptic at times, but I'm pretty sure no one reads this, any way! But I just wanted to put it out there. There's a chance for a big change in my near future. I don't know the outcome, but at least now I know the path to take...just not sure where it leads.

1 comment:

  1. I read it!!! I know that God has great things in store for you, there's no doubt. Although I can't stand the thought of you going away, I want you to do whatever it is that you were meant to do! I am waxing poetic and gushy so I will tell you all this when we celebrate your b-day soon. For now, know that you are in my thoughts and that I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete